PC or macbook connected to Kinect and projector.
Running modified ofxPiMapper.
Backgrounds projection mapped with ofxPiMapper surfaces. Need a way to remote control sources.
Foreground objects dynamically projection mapped with ofxPiMapper dynamic surfaces + ofxKinectProjectionToolkit. This dynamic surface stuff is going to be the hardest part. One method using a Processing sketch example from KinectProjectionToolkit and SimpleOpenNI tracked skeletons pretty well, but can’t presently get the OpenNI stuff to work in OpenFrameworks on the PC… this is a hurdle to overcome.
Project similar clips and fx onto walls, suspended ceiling, other surfaces. Try for 2 other ofxPiMapper RPI3 units to projection map onto other areas of the room.
Take motion info from the foreground objects and stream that to the fx on other surfaces – stream to other units to project stuff too.
- Calibration of projector & Kinect
- Integrating dynamic surface info, code and logic
- getting OpenNI working in OpenFrameworks
- Streaming video data over wifi to multiple devices
- Remote control
- Sound reactive
- Getting good projection material (mosquito net?) and ways to hang it